Building a software startup?
LeanFounder is an execution plan for new software-focused entrepreneurs, particularly moonlighters who are building their startups while holding down full-time jobs. If you have ever thought about building a startup, especially a software startup, get involved using one of the icons above.
1. Start with the end in mind – Month 1
- Post a vision statement and measurable goals on your mirror (LeanFounder)
- Have clear, measurable, time-bound milestones for your business (LeanFounder)
- Instrument your goals to keep you focused on what matters (LeanFounder)
- Answer these 4 questions and you have a business model (Business Model Development)
2. Get to know your customer – Month 2 and 3
- Write a press release before you write any code (Customer Development)
- Validate your customer pain (Customer Development)
- Create a 10-person customer advisory group (Customer Development)
- Learn the art of WordPress, Part 1 (Customer Development)
- Learn the art of WordPress, Part 2 (Customer Development)
- Enable Conversations Within Your Community (Customer Development)
- Pitch your idea to 5 potential partners (Customer Development)
3. Get to know your business – Month 4
- Project significant costs and revenues (Money)
- Business Model Spreadsheet (Business Model Development)
- Search engine optimization for Startups (Customer Development)
- Conduct your first Google AdWords Campaign (Customer Development)
4. Get to know your technology core – Month 5
- Working with Rails, Heroku, and Git as your technology stack (Agile Development)
Startups are built by people – make sure the right people are in your rolodex.